Translate

Monday, February 9, 2015

With You (For my all-time Valentine)

This is a piece I wrote for my wife and Valentine-for life, Ashley. I thought posting one for her would be a good way to kick of this week of love, leading up to the most romantic day of the year.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With You

Blazing summer nights
Snuggled up with you
That’s-where-I-wanna-be
Passion flaming hot
At our secluded lakeside spot
Just-doing-what-we-do

I still love you as much now
As I did back at our start
And-may-be-a-lit-tle-more
There is no one else for me
You’re the only girl I see
So-for-get-all-of-your-doubt
Let’s-show-them-what-loves-about

Colorful autumn nights
Snuggled up with you
That’s-where-I-wanna-be
Fires burning hot
It’s your touch that hits the spot
Just-doing-what-we-do

I still love you as much now
As I did back at our start
And-may-be-a-lit-tle-more
There is no one else for me
You’re the only girl I see
So-for-get-all-of-your-doubt
Let’s-show-them-what-loves-about

Cold winter nights
Snuggled up with you
That’s-where-I-wanna-be
Bodies steaming hot
Blankets pulled around the spot
Just-doing-what-we-do

I still love you as much now
As I did back at our start
And-may-be-a-lit-tle-more
There is no one else for me
You’re the only girl I see
So-for-get-all-of-your-doubt
Let’s-show-them-what-loves-about

Stormy spring nights
Snuggled up with you
That’s-where-I-wanna-be
Lightning flashing hot
Roars of thunder from our spot
Just-doing-what-we-do

I still love you as much now
As I did back at our start
And-may-be-a-lit-tle-more
There is no one else for me
You’re the only girl I see
So-for-get-all-of-your-doubt
Let’s-show-them-what-loves-about
Yes-for-get-all-of-your-doubt
Let’s-show-them-what-loves-about
Just-for-get-all-of-your-doubt
We’ll-show-them-what-loves-about

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you've been with somebody for a decade-or longer, you know that sometimes in the relationship, it isn't as hot and steamy as it was in the very beginning-not as passionate as it was at first. Sometimes, there are doubts, fears and other concerns about the love and affection being shown or just about the whole relationship in general. When I wrote this, I wanted to express to my wife that she was-and still is the only woman for me. No matter what situations we're faced with-no matter what day of the year it is, she will always be my one true love and my one true Valentine. Plus, chicks dig when you write stuff for them! 

I wrote this one in kind of a lyrical form. I'm hoping to one day put music to some of my writings. Not necessarily this one, but if my brother-in-laws, Apollo's Din ever want to expand the style of music they play, I have some stuff for them... 

Anyway, Happy Valentine's Day to my wife, Ashley. And Happy Valentine's Day to all you beautiful lovers out there. I hope Cupid is very kind to each and every one of you on this upcoming, and magical February 14th of 2015.  




Be sure to checkout my Zazzle Store and Shutterstock Portfolio!



2 comments:

  1. As someone who has been married for almost 36 years, I agree with all you have to say. Love is worth working for, worth compromise and tears. After all these years, we find we hug more than ever, laugh out loud daily and revel in our shared time. And you are right-chicks dig it when you write for them. By the way-I am also from Michigan and travel there often. I have also written love poems for love of my life-and angry poems, and sorrowful poems-for love is all these things and much much more. Loved your work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much and thanks for the follow! My wife and I have only been married for just over three years but we've been together for 10. It seems like we've been through it all! I've found the best way for me to express my feelings to her is definitely by writing them down! What part of Michigan are you from if you don't mind me asking?

      Delete